Swiss AviationSoftware is a 100% subsidiary of Swiss International Air Lines and successfully develops and distributes the software package AMOS which manages the maintenance, engineering and logistics requirements of modern airlines. In order to strengthen our leading market position, we are looking for dedicated employees who would like to work in a fascinating international environment with more than 190 customers from all over the world.
In order to support the growing company’s needs in terms of systems integration, development/maintenance of in-house tools, development/maintenance of our webpage and customer portal, Confluence macros and plugins creation and automation of our in-house IT operation, we are setting up a dedicated development team.
To this end, we are looking for one new full-stack/all-around developer that is eager to join this many-sided team. Good Java skills and experience in working with web frameworks, as well as experience in other languages are a must.
Are you looking for a software engineering job giving you the opportunity of working in different areas as an all-rounder? Then you are at the right place.
- Work closely with in-house stakeholders/users to understand their requirements and develop solutions
- Develop technical solutions incl. contributions to the architecture design
- Implement and extend modules used for in-house purposes (Java and Web applications), either stand-alone or part of our main product AMOS (parts of it we use for in-house purposes as well).
- Design and implement interfaces to other internal and external third-party systems
- Oversee the full application life-cycle of products developed by the team
- Work automation solutions for our IT operation
- Perform code-reviews
- Write unit tests and other tests for your code and your team’s code
- Successfully completed a degree/diploma in software engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- Strong foundation in Java, object-oriented modelling and analysis skills and design patterns
- Practical experience in agile software development and a strong believer that autonomous self-organized teams deliver better output
- Strong Linux scripting and administration skills
- Strong relational database skills (incl. performant SQL writing)
- Understanding of a broad range of platforms, technologies and tools, specifically: Java, Python, HTML/CSS, Linux, Confluence, Spring, Vaadin (or similar frameworks), PostgreSQL/MySQL or other RDMS, XML, Jenkins/Ant, Eclipse, Subversion
- Familiar with RESTful services
- Familiar with container technologies (Docker)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration
- If you’re interested in Google Cloud this is a plus
- Strong customer orientation, ability to make pragmatic compromises to make progress
- Fluency in English, and German language skills are an advantage
- Team player who is able to collaborate, who can communicate ideas and solutions clearly and with strong interpersonal skills
What we offer
- Working in an open and cooperative environment with a motivated and friendly team
- Flexible working hours (flex time model & possibility of home office)
- Excellent working conditions in pleasant surroundings
- Good professional and personal development opportunities
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of processes
- An international work environment with people from around the globe
- Flight and travel discount
- Workplace & Culture